Ron Schwartz founded and incorporated Universal Alarms in 1972. Since its inception, Universal Alarms, which today is known as UAS, has prospered and developed into one of the leading national providers of security alarm services, which protects more than $15 Billion in commercial assets.
In 1969, prior to founding UAS, Ron entered the security alarm and fire prevention business. Since that time, Ron's guiding mantra has been "slow and steady wins the race;" this philosophy helped pioneer many bold steps that defined the growth of UAS specifically and the development of the industry overall:
- 1974 - Initiated a computerized Central Station to monitor the Company's burglar and fire alarms.
- 1974 - Introduced CCTV/covert systems to help keep UAS at the forefront of the developing security alarm industry.
- 1975 - Added Access Control systems and monitoring.
- 1987 - Attained UL status for UAS' Central Station.
- 1990 - Expanded into a national provider of security alarm services.
- 1993 - Attained NICET Certification for Fire.
- 1994 - Created the RAVEN initiative (Remote Audio Video Event Notification)
Ron serves as a Board member of the Central Station Alarm Association and the National Burglar and Fire Alarm Association. Additionally, Ron has served as the Vice President of the Pennsylvania Burglar Alarm and Fire Alarm Association. Ron graduated from the University of Southern California with a Bachelor of Arts in Business. Ron and his wife Sandy are the proud parents of four children and eight grandchildren. Ron and Sandy live in Naples, Florida.
Related Press Articles: